Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Always You Review

Always You
Kirsty Moseley

Title: Always You
Author: Kirsty Moseley
Published: October 31st, 2012
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Pages: 329 
Rating: 1/5 stars
Summary:
Riley Tanner has a best friend, the best friend a girl could ask for. He’s supportive, loyal, honest, trustworthy, kind, and thoughtful. He’s also the biggest player in school.

Their relationship has always been easy and affectionate, but after Riley’s month long vacation, things become a little strange. She starts to look at him in ways that go way beyond the ‘friend zone’. Add in her best friend’s rival, and things become a whole lot more complicated.
Review:

Okay. No. Just no.

I stopped reading this book 31 pages into it because it just annoyed me so, so much. I really started to get the vibe of a twelve-year old girl writing this whole story when the characters talked, but it had good punctuation and spelling. And trust me. I know what a twelve-year old girl writes like, since I've seen that writing too much on Wattpad. I couldn't really place any different personalities for the characters, either. To me, it was just completely unrealistic. I mean, what kind of best friend acts that way with their male best friend? 

The only thing that I did like was the plot, and that was the major reason why I read this book. The other reason was that I saw so many positive ratings for it on Goodreads. I love the whole plot of childhood best friends turning into lovers, but I couldn't really do that with this book. This is probably the first book that a lot of people have liked, and I'm rather in a different boat than them. 

Please don't read this and get discouraged to read this because I would hate for that to happen. 

*** This review is also available on Goodreads ***






No comments:

Post a Comment